- Date: Tue, 15/11/2016 - 10:00am to Sun, 29/01/2017 - 5:00pmNational Museum of the Royal Navy PortsmouthAn exhibition of three dimensional artwork that challenges visitors to rethink events in our shared history by artist in residence Helen Snell..Helen uses laser cutting and digital media to create her work, which includes wall reliefs in paper, large scale steel sculpture and site specific installation, laser cut digitally printed fabrics, 3D printed costume and body sculpture.
- Date: Sun, 11/12/2016 - 7:30pm to 9:30pm
Christmas Concert featuring the University of Portsmouth Wind Band and Singers, directed by Ken Wharton-Emms.
Performing a programme of traditional carols, favourite light classics and festive music, you’ll be spirited away as you join in with Christmas carols and Noel songs: perfect for getting you in the Christmassy mood!
- Date: Wed, 14/12/2016 - 10:00am to 5:00pmAt Royal Marines MuseumHave some questions?Want to find out more?Our Archives will be open to all, with collections officers ready to answer your questionsDrop in at any timeWe can help you with your research, from academic publications, to simply discovering more about naval historyLook at documents from the Archives with our assistance
- Date: Fri, 16/12/2016 - 10:30am to 12:00pm
At the National Museum of the Royal Navy, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
Join us for a seasonal adventure featuring Miss Muggins, ship's cat, and her puppet friends as they set sail on a magical Christmas journey.
Bring along your favourite soft toy animal too!
There will be time for play and to make a special Christmas decoration.
£1 per child. Suitable for under 5s. Pre-booking essential.
No ticket required.
To book email email@example.com or call 02392 727 564
- Date: Sat, 17/12/2016 - 10:00am to Tue, 03/01/2017 - 5:00pm
At National Museum of the Royal Navy, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
Barbara the Polar bear has visited the museum , can you find her paw prints around the galleries and find the answers to the questions she has left for you to solve?
Free with a valid museum ticket
- Date: Sat, 17/12/2016 - 10:00am to Tue, 03/01/2017 - 5:00pmAt the Royal Marines MuseumFind the Christmas decorations that have been left behind by Max the Royal Marine and see how Royal Marines have celebrated Christmas in the past with our family trail.Our activity cart will also be back with activity sheets and quizzes.Free with a valid museum ticket.
- Date: Wed, 31/05/2017 - 9:00am to Fri, 02/06/2017 - 5:00pm31 May 1, & 2 June 2017Call for PapersDEADLINE 16 December 2016